- Reduced price
Take Ant Observation to new heights with Ant Mountain!
Learn all about ants and how they live with our, escape-proof ant-tunneling kit. Our Ant Mountain has a fascinating inside/outside design which allows kids to watch their busy ants work cooperatively to tunnel, explore and forage throughout their rugged environment. Now anyone can become a myrmecologist (a person who studies ants) with Ant Mountain!
Your ants will love tiny bites of celery, carrot or apple (about the size of a popcorn kernel) every three days. They also need a couple of drops of water every third or fourth day.
Ant Mountain Includes:
- Two-sided viewing habitat with safe and escape-proof, locking lid
- Special “easy dig’ sand
- Sand rod to get the tunneling started
- Certificate to redeem your supply of 25 harvester ants by mail. An additional $4 fee ($5.00 Canadian) for shipping and handling your vial of ants is required when you redeem your certificate. Your ants are guaranteed to arrive alive.
- Or, you may choose to redeem your certificate for a Super Supply of 50 harvester ants. An additional $6 fee ($7.00 Canadian) for shipping and handling of your vial of ants is required when you redeem your certificate.
- Ant Mountain Instructions and Activity Guide
If temperatures are extremely cold or hot (below 32 degress Fahrenheit or above 100 degrees Fahrenheit), please allow extra time for delivery.
Harvester Ants will live 2 to 4 weeks in Ant Mountain.
Did you know ants use their chemical scent trails to find their way back to their nests?
Recommended for ages 6 and up with adult supervision.
Please note: Due to shipping restrictions, live ants cannot be shipped to Oregon or Hawaii.